Our global advanced engineering client that supports a variety of industries world-wide including defence, automotive, aerospace and maritime industries currently have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to be based at their state-of-the-art site in Gateshead.
This role is for the marine side of the business and being at the forefront of innovation and experience within maritime their product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems. They are the leading supplier of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets supporting a wide ranging of customers from Naval to commercial sea vessels.
The Gateshead site has had a period of significant growth and due to increased customer demand, they are looking to recruit several key roles. Included in this is the recruitment of an Engineering Manager to drive and develop the existing team and responsibilities will include:
* Lead a shared service integrated team of project/system engineering specialists including the development of the engineers
* Be responsible for the delivery of a value stream's mission critical equipment and systems engineered solutions
* Planning and execution of development and certiﬁcation/qualiﬁcation projects and reporting using the Product Introduction processes as deﬁned by local and global operating processes.
* Lead transformation and process improvement projects as agreed with the engineering and business leadership team
* Manage technical issues, actions, technical risks, and programs directives across the life cycle to ensure timely resolution
We are looking for a degree qualified engineering leader who will take responsibility for identifying and leading R&D improvement activities to keep their products at the cutting edge of Naval technology. Attractive benefits package and bonus available for the right candidate