Thompson Aero Seating is one of the leading suppliers of Business and First-Class aircraft seating, with a worldwide customer base with an increasing and expanding market share and product portfolio. Join our specialist support team and be part of the best of advanced manufacturing capability in Northern Ireland, as we work towards achieving our goal of becoming the number one supplier of Business and First-Class aircraft seating products.
It’s an exciting time to join our business as we implement our 5-year growth plan and as such, we are hiring for a Suppler Quality Engineer to provide leadership and direction for the TAS Supplier Quality organisation to facilitate improvements in delivered quality of product from supplier base, both in terms of defective product and OTD.
The successful candidate will be required to support on the following tasks:
* Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes
* Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment ensuring suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and requirements for PPAP, APQP, AS#####, ISO ##### and other applicable customer and internal system requirements
* Drive improvements utilising Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and supplier audits, ensuring full compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
* Track supplier's key performance indicators based on their scorecards and rankings to facilitate and develop the supply base's ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations
* Develop positive relationships and work closely with procurement to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies, New Product Introductions and transfers
* Deliver results as measured by key metrics such as; supplier yield, field cost, field defect rate, supplier quality plan engagement/effectiveness and corrective & preventative action closure
* Support the supplier in the planning and submission of FAIR/LAIR including APQP/PPAP
* Use systems, data and tools to articulate current and potential future quality/performance issues within internal and/or external supply chain
* Write and review technical quality documents, plans and procedures
* Partner NPI, Strategic sourcing and operations to ensure alignment of goals
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The successful job holder will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by their line manager & the overall objectives of the organisation.
In addition to an exciting progressive career with our global organisation, you can expect a lucrative salary, pension, generous 33 days holiday entitlement and continuing professional development opportunities as we continue our commitment towards investing in our staff for the future.
* 5+ years of progressive Supplier Quality experience, including AS##### and ISO##### requirements
* Experience in applying advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of Supplier Quality Management
* Ability to understand, interpret and communicate customer requirements and ensure suppliers deliver Right First-Time product
* Experience working with customers, regulators and suppliers
* Strong knowledge of APQP and associated tools
Click "apply" or contact our HR team to hear more about the position.
Thompson Aero Seating reserve the right to enhance criteria on shortlisting
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunities employer