Join our SEND community at Tradewind!
We are recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant in Tameside!
Tradewind Recruitment are looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting children or young adults with special needs and someone is passionate that all young people should have access to an excellent learning environment that helps them reach their full potential and improve their life chances, no matter their obstacles.
Role - Special Needs Teaching Assistant at special needs high school in Tameside.
Times - Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
Contract - Start ASAP, full time, temporary to permanent for the right person.
Pay - Up to £90/day - paid PAYE via Tradewind - we don't use umbrella pay companies.
The School & Pupils:
- Special Needs high school in Tameside.
- All students are aged 11-19 & have an EHCP for Autism, Learning Difficulties, Complex Needs or Physical Disabilities.
- Most students working at much lower levels than expected for their age.
- Class sizes of no more than 8 pupils including TA support.
- Long standing & supportive management.
- Collaborative teamwork atmosphere.
- Welcoming and inclusive environment with focus on safety for staff & pupils.
- Excellent facilities & resources that help enable & enhance their holistic curriculum offer.
- Easily accessible by car, bus or train.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- Top rates of pay paid PAYE via Tradewind, we don't use Umbrella pay companies.
- More FREE online CPD courses than any other agency as a result of our exclusive partnership with The National College who also support over 45,000 education settings nationwide.
- A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward.
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and for logging your availability.
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants.
- Positive disposition with a teamwork nature.
- Able to adapt approach to meet the differing needs of each student in your class.
- Students are grouped by similar needs and levels rather than by age.
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects & responsibilities of the role.
- Manage challenging behaviour and emotions.
- Working collaboratively with other Teaching Assistants, management, parents and outside agencies.
- Must promote a safe, inclusive and engaging learning environment.
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role in Tameside, you will need to:
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate that is on the Update Service (or be happy to pay for a new one).
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable).
- Minimum of two professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with full education & work.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Some experience supporting children with special needs.
To apply for this Tameside based Special Needs Teaching Assistant role & register with Tradewind please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, email ##### or click APPLY above.
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first.
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our temp staff.
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request).
- More free CPD courses than any other education agency via our exclusive partnership with The National College.
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer.