I have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a Registered Manager to join an established charity to support young people with autism and complex needs aged between 16 - 25 in a UNIQUE and sustainable setting in the Pembrokeshire area. Based across two homes set 100-acre bio-dynamic farmland. Both homes offer a personal-centred approach with a small number of beds in each home.
- Salary:£35,201- £36,619
- Location: Pembrokeshire
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: Full Time
- Interviews: ASAP
Founded over thirty years ago, our client has since grown its services within West Wales and gives students access to wool mills, acres of hillside woodlands, and a farm, where students grow and sell bio-dynamic livestock and produce. The setting's craft curriculum stems from the cultural history of the area, with such sessions as weaving and felting, green woodwork, animal husbandry, and metalwork in the Iron Age Forge.
- 33 days annual leave, raising to 38 with service, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- The opportunity to become qualified in practical skills activities such as pottery and felting!
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Perk Box and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Responsibilities of the Registered Manager:
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of high-quality care, support, and accommodation to people.
- Ensure the homes are compliant with CIW and County Council requirements by monitoring quality, evaluating performance, and developing action plans to allow for areas for improvement to be addressed.
- Complete 6 monthly quality of care reports and submit to the business manager/directors.
- Compile reports to support with responsible individual visits to the service ensuring compliance with all legislation relevant to the home
- Audit care-related documentation.
- Provide support, guidance, knowledge, experience, and assistance to your team
- Support with and oversee any HR-related issues.
- Participate in CIW inspections and assist with compliance issues and actions.
- Update and maintain company policy and procedures and ensure these are followed by employees through audit analysis and observations.
- Audit staff-related documents such as staff files.
- Carry out supervision and appraisals
- Provide mentoring to the team to help develop their skills and identify areas that require strengthening.
- Significant operational experience in a care environment working with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrate the ability to manage emotionally challenging situations, be a team player with experience of support work in both educational and residential settings
- Ensure the effective operation of two or more small care homes for young people
- Have a high level of personal resilience and emotional and social intelligence
- oversee and supervise the residential staff within a minimum of two care homes, ensuring they are appropriately trained and supported.
- Ensure that all activities within the households are carried out in compliance with regulations
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Residential and R.I to reflect the quality of the service provided during inspections by the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) inspections.
- Ideally, have a relevant qualification to allow for approval as a registered manager with CIW and Social Care Wales.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
- Experience as either a Home Manager, Service Manager, or RI in adult residential Services
Do you want a holistic and integrated approach to care and make a difference for young people with Autism? If this sounds like your dream role, I would love to hear from you!!
Click the 'APPLY' now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.