Gillespie Recruitment are delighted to be supporting the recruitment of a Property Paralegal for one of the most established Solicitors in Sunderland. Are you a Paralegal within the property arene with at least 4 years’ experience? If so, we would like to speak to you!
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience of handling and completing buy to let purchase matters and will be a motivated, hardworking individual who has ambition to succeed and a willingness to develop and expand an existing business in this area.
You will be responsible for -
* Client Service
* Undertaking legal work for the benefit of their clients with core values at the heart of everything you do.
* Team Working
* Working loyally and effectively as a member of the firm
* Supervising the work of legal assistants and others as may from time to time be required
* Ensuring ongoing competency training including completing compliance training.
* Financial Contribution
* The meeting of fee earning targets both monthly and annually
* Appropriate management of debtors, including obtaining funds on account of costs and disbursements in accordance with departmental policy from time to time
* Business Development
Participation in business development activities including supporting existing fee earners in: -
* Building, maintaining and nurturing an appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners with the aim of winning new work
* Fostering and developing relationships with both existing and past clients to ensure repeat instructions are received
* Working with the Head of Marketing & Business Development to develop and successfully market the department including to help create and implement business development strategies.
* Attending networking events on behalf of the firm
The successful candidate will have sound relevant experience that will have been gained a respected Property team.
In addition you will have –
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong academic background with a law degree being an advantage.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills – an ability to interact with people at all levels and able to inspire confidence in clients and colleagues.
* Sound legal research skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to remain calm and professionally detached in all circumstances.
* Ability to work as part of a team and committed to a career in this area.
* Flexible and proactive approach and ability to work on own initiative.
* Commercial awareness.
* Ambition and commitment to self-development and the development of the property team.
If this sounds like you, then we would like to speak to you – please get in in touch