We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Medical Lead / General Adult Consultant to work for a private service based in the South West. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 16 patients in an acute and locked rehabilitation mental health service.
Salary: £150-£160K + £8.4K car allowance
Position: Medical Lead / General Adult Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Medical Lead for acute and locked rehabilitation mental health service.
Location: South West
Working 37.5 hours a week, you will take up a senior leadership position to support clinical governance and service delivery across the sites and to provide medical management for the doctors working in these services. You will be expected to hold a clinical caseload. There is Associate specialist input at both services and a multidisciplinary team. Physical healthcare is supported by an RGN and visiting GPs.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Senior clinical advisory role to sites on clinical matters and clinical strategy across Pinhoe View, Woodmill and The Copse.
- Participation in development and review of policies and procedures
- Leadership around Quality improvement and clinical governance
- Medical management, supervision of other medics and recruitment
- Regional representation within Elysium's clinical governance structures.
- Responsible Clinician role with an inpatient caseload.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- Mental Health Act implementation and liaison with Ministry of Justice (if applicable)
- Leadership of your chosen site's clinical governance meetings and service development alongside the Hospital Director
What benefits are on offer?
- £8,400 Car Allowance
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
For this role, we're looking for someone who is:
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Section 12(2) approval to work in England and Approved clinician status.
- Previous medical leadership experience is desirable.
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you're happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 286 011.