We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Forensic Specialty Doctor to work for a private hospital based in the East Midlands This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care on a 28-bed low secure male ward
Salary: £85,000 per annum
Position: Forensic Specialty Doctor
Hours: Full time
Setting: 28 bed low secure male ward
Location: East Midlands
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Previous Consultant experience in a Forensic setting is essential
- You will fulfil the role of Responsible Clinician to patients
- You must hold a CCST/CCT or equivalent in the relevant areas of psychiatry and have experience of working in inpatient settings with people with significant mental health difficulties
- Valid GMC registration
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development
- A positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice
- The post-holder will participate in a 1 in 7 non- residential on call rota
What benefits are on offer?
- Excellent opportunities for career development within the Priory Healthcare network
- You will have your own office and ample admin support
- A dedicated Speciality doctor to support your clinical duties
- Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities
- Funded indemnity cover
- An extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Supplemented meals
- You will be well supported within your role, with a strong focus on continuing professional development
- Opportunity to take a lead role within the hospital - e.g. Medicines management/safeguarding
- Access to funded CPD courses relevant to your role
- Support from a manager on call system (on call Manager and Senior Manager)
- Extensive training through our online Priory Academy as well as face-to-face training
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you're happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.