Tradewind are recruiting!
Are you a English Teacher or Primary Teacher looking to broaden your skills & experience?
Do you have a natural ability to engage students from vulnerable & challenging backgrounds?
We are currently recruiting for an English Teacher for a secondary alternative education provision for young offenders in the Salford area.
*As students are working at low levels, experienced Primary Teachers will also be considered.
This a full time & long-term supply role that will turn permanent for the right person.
Due to the urgent start of this role, applicants should have a DBS certificate on the Update Service already and experience of working in a UK school supported by references.
Excellent pay up to £200/day depending on qualifications and experience level.
- English Teacher at secondary alternative education provision in Salford for children who are young offenders with Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH).
- Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Teaching small groups of no more than 6 pupils.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the students backgrounds and circumstances all work & planning time is done during schools hours as information cannot be taken off site.
- Teaching both English Language and English Literature.
- Differentiating your work to meet individual needs.
- Managing behaviour using de-escalation & prevention strategies.
- Engaging, motivating, and using lots of positive reinforcement.
- Working collaboratively with your Teaching Assistants to ensure the smooth running of lessons and to make learning progress.
- Many students are working at very low levels, some at KS2 level so experienced Primary Teachers who are strong in English will also be considered.
- Secondary alternative education provision for young offenders in Salford.
- Caters for young people aged 11-16 with Social, Emotional or Mental Health needs that have gone through the Youth Justice system.
- Experienced team and collaborative work environment.
- Rated outstanding by Ofsted.
- Inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Safety of staff and students are a paramount concern.
- Ongoing training and development available to long term supply staff.
Benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - FREE access to over 2,500 online CPD courses through our exclusive partnership with The National College.
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward.
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability.
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants.
To apply for this English Teacher role based in Salford & register with Tradewind please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email #####
To join us and be successful in this English Teacher role, you will need to:
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service.
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with a full history from your education to present.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first.
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates.
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request).
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter.
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer.