Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Control System Commissioning Engineer on a 6 month contract based in Stone (with visits to client sites).
This Position is Inside IR35
We are looking for an enthusiastic & driven Engineer to join our newly formed Energy team to commission electrical transmission Substation Control Systems (SCS); from minor modifications through to complete SCS Replacements on National Grid Sites.
The suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, interpret designs (including schedules, drawings etc.) understand system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of installation & commissioning work. In time, the suitable candidate would be required to contribute to the creation and development of test documentation.
Responsibilities of the Control System Engineer:
* Carry out site acceptance testing/commissioning activities in line with approved test documentation
* Technical supervision of installation works on site
* Ensure site work (installation & commissioning) is carried out in line with agreed technical procedures, methods and standards
* Collation & management of project commissioning file
* Mark-up of drawings and schematics where changes are identified as required through commissioning activities
* Involvement in creation & preparation of commissioning/test documentation
* Deployment of configuration files to SCADA BCU’s, RTU’s, IED’s etc. and Network devices (Ethernet Switches etc.) including subsequent verification
* Preparation of site materials/commissioning spares/test documentation prior to project delivery on site.
Requirements of the Control System Engineer:
* Good understanding of Test/Commissioning techniques
* Experience in fault finding on electrical/electronic systems
* Understanding of communication networks and differing communication protocols and media types utilised (i.e. Ethernet over Fibre Optic etc.)
* Computer literate with respect to the production of documentation (Microsoft Office)
* Computer literate with respect to the deployment of configuration files & verification
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD (for minor changes/navigation of drawings)
* Experience of writing, developing & contributing to specifications/plans (Commissioning or Test)
* Experience of working on National Grid Substations and sites including knowledge of National Grid Procedures & Specifications
* Experience of Substation Secondary Systems
* Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check
Certifications / Qualifications required:
* Suitably qualified or experienced in an Electrical Engineering discipline
* 18th Edition course (or equivalent)
* ##### Inspection & (or equivalent)
* Holds National Grid Commissioning Passport
* Holds National Grid Competent Person status
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time