Search Construction and Property are currently recruiting for an Architect or an Architectural Technologist looking to play an integral role in a successful tight-knit design team working on a range of commercial and residential projects from small to medium industrial build projects, larger warehouse and office projects, distilleries and some specialist residential projects.
On offer is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique team, where you will be involved in a large variety of work and given the level of responsibility you feel able to manage.
The company are looking for an Architect or an Architectural technologist who has a keen eye for detail, proficient with AutoCAD, confident in the current Scottish Building Regulations and in dealing with Planning and Warrant submissions.
Training and support will be offered and encouraged to grow your skills and experience.
- Developing Client brief and liaising with the client.
- Preparing initial sketch designs
- Prepare drawings for planning stage including presentation drawings
- Assist in preparation of design statements, and online applications
- Work alongside external consultants and ensure collaborative design on all projects
- Prepare drawings for warrant, including plans, sections, elevations and all necessary detailing.
- Liaise with the local authority to satisfy statutory obligations
- Conduct site inspections and liaise with the contractor and design team
- Arrange site investigations, utilities checks, topographical surveys etc.
- Architectural technologist from a Steel frame/Cladding or similar
- Efficient in AutoCAD
- Self-motivated and happy to work as part of a team
- Confident with a sound knowledge of the current Scottish Building
On offer is salary between £33,000 - £38,000 plus a genuine and very good bonus scheme.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age