We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Adult Acute Consultant to work for a private outpatient service based in South East. This is a full-time role taking consultant responsibility on an 18 bedded male adult acute ward.
Salary: £160,000 per annum
Position: Adult acute consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Outpatient setting
Location: South East
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective liaison with the referrals team to enable you to review referrals and determine appropriateness for admissions
- Conducting admissions assessments, risk assessments, reviews and ensuring effective management plans for all patients within the unit.
- Allocating specialist psychological treatments, in line with individual needs and assessing physical health, taking special responsibility for medical issues.
- Supervising and directing the work of other junior medics and MDT staff who treat the patients.
- Facilitating regular CPA review meetings
- Acting as Responsible Clinician for patients detained under the Mental Health Act
- Providing an on call service and ensuring the provision of medical cover to the unit
- Opportunity to be involved in clinical governance standards and monitoring for the delivery of the service
- Developing protocols as required meeting standard in both psychological and pharmacological interventions.
What benefits are on offer?
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays Plus your birthday off
- Company pension scheme
- Free DBS check
- Opportunities for further career development
- Access to funded CPD courses relevant to the role
- Access to our independent Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Free parking
- Flexible benefits, including access to schemes such as gym memberships, cycle to work scheme, healthcare cash plan and shopping discounts
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you're happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
What we're looking for:
- MRCPsych qualification or equivalent
- CCT/CESR in General Adult or Forensic Psychiatry will be considered.
- Approved under section 12(2) of the MHA1983
- Approved clinician status under the MHA 1983 / is eligible to work as a Responsible Clinician
- Up to date knowledge in the field of General Adult Psychiatry, including physical health, mental health and systemic factors.
- Experience of working in an acute inpatient setting and with patients detained under the MHA.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation .
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence based practice
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Lydia on 01277 286 033