We are looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join Nationwide Platforms, the UK market leader in powered access. In this role as Transport Planner, you will be based at our London West depot and you will be responsible for accurately planning the delivery and collection of our equipment for our depots within the region. This role is integral to the smooth operation of our business so we need someone who has proven experience of transport planning, excellent organisational skills and someone who is great at dealing with people.
Responsibilities include: -
• Plan the delivery of new hire orders, to meet agreed customer delivery times, ensure that off-hired equipment is collated within the timescale prescribed.
• Plan deliveries and collections to ensure cost effective use of transport fleet.
• Plan the activity of drivers ensuring the achievement of productivity is within the targeted average hours.
• With the Regional Transport Manager, ensure that the vehicle allocated are maintained and inspected to the schedules set by fleet management.
• Ensure that rivers comply with all relevant Road Transport legislation, including the correct and timely use of tachographs and internal reporting including the 48-hour working week systems in place.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Previous logistics/transport planning experience within a busy environment
• Good understanding of routing
• Be capable of learning systems
• Be a confident self –starter and be very organised
• The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment & work well under pressure
• Good customer service and people skills
• Good knowledge of systems and transport planning software
In return you will receive
• A Competitive Salary
• Health Cash Plan
• Contributory pension capped at 5%
• Life Assurance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Childcare voucher scheme
For more information please call the recruitment team on (phone number removed) or
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.
Its dedicated research and development division, BlueSky Solutions, is also committed to identifying and solving key issues and challenges faced by the industry as well as developing a range of solutions to improve productivity, increase safety and reduce cost for customers.
The company also ensure the industry is properly trained in the safe use of powered access and in ##### it retained its position as the world’s largest IPAF provider for the sixth consecutive year after training more than 15,000 delegates. In addition, it trained a further 1,500 delegates on a range of PASMA, IOSH and other Health & Safety courses, making it one of the world’s largest providers of working at height training