TSR are currently recruiting for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to work for a new build housing developer in Leeds
The key responsibilities include;
* Support with the commercial reporting of projects within the region covered by the local office
* Negotiate with a variety of external suppliers to ensure that work is carried out to a very high standard and at a reasonable cost
* Monitor and evaluate the performance of external partners to ensure high quality is being delivered
* Ensuring that commercial reporting of any Joint Venture schemes is accurate
* Stay up to date with continuing changes in product development and relevant building legislation that may have an impact on your work
* Develop a close relationship with the site teams and a detailed knowledge of your allocated sites by maintaining a visible site presence, ensuring all developments are visited regularly and attending site meetings as required
The Successful Applicant
* Previous experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor within property and housing (residential)
* A good knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
* Experience managing both internal and external clients in a commercial environment and an ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
* A degree or higher education course which is accredited by the Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
* Strong knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and experience with MS Office
* Live within a commutable distance of Birmingham.
In return you will receive a basic salary of between £20,000 - £30,000, negotiable on experience + other company benefits.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more, please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore, only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
TSR are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence