A global leader in its field, based in the West Midlands, is looking to recruit a Stress Engineer for a short-term contracting position.
Immediate interview can be arranged (face to face or via Zoom/Teams) for suitable applicants.
Weekly hours will be a minimum of 37 hours, and with regular additional hours available, and at times, required.
Weekly paid with PAYE and umbrella options.
The Stress Engineer will have extensive experience in executing all aspects of structural analysis in support of the design optimisation, validation, certification, production and service of heat exchangers, fluid management systems and other aerospace components. You will be able to understand and predict the mechanical behavior of components and sub-systems taking into account all relevant failure mechanisms (e.g. proof, ultimate, fatigue (low and high cycle), creep, vibration…) and contributing factors (thermal induced loads, residual stresses, inherent manufacturing anomalies, corrosion, extreme operating conditions etc).
The successful applicant will be part of one or more projects teams including New Product Introduction, Legacy, Fleet support, Production support, Cost reduction support and will be influential at all stages of the product life cycle.
• Responsible to deliver all stress/structural milestones within the project teams, including:
o Perform stress analysis for preliminary and detailed design
o Support design optimization to meet customer requirements (weight, design space, cost, life) and ensure product safety and integrity
o Deliver stress documentation to support design review process and certification
• Perform complex structural analysis utilising classical hand calculations as well as finite element analysis methods to demonstrate structural integrity, influence and optimise product design (specially aerospace heat exchangers and fluid management systems), including static and dynamic analysis, thermal fatigue, damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modelling.
• Contribute to improve the stress capability within the team, use of automation and scripting to improve the stress analysis workflow, developing and improving processes, methods and tools
• Education – Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
• Experience – Demonstrate expertise in structural/stress analysis, preferably in the Aerospace industry
• Experience in hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis (preferable in ANSYS)
• Preferably experienced in heat exchangers, ozone convertors and fluid management systems
• Desirable experience in robust design, tolerance analysis, thermal analysis, optimization methods, CAD, PLM, Teamcenter
The above is a selection of responsibilities, there may be other tasks not listed that will be expected to support the changing business needs.
If you feel you have the necessary credentials for this role, please attach your CV via the advert. If you have any questions regarding this position, please call Ben on (phone number removed).
If you have had no response within 2 weeks of your application, you may have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Inside Right is an equal opportunities employer and is acting as an employment business on behalf of a client partner.
Experience – Demonstrate expertise in structural/stress analysis, preferably in the Aerospace industry
Experience in hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis (preferable in ANSYS)
Preferably experienced in heat exchangers, ozone convertors and fluid management systems
Desirable experience in robust design, tolerance analysis, thermal analysis, optimization methods, CAD, PLM, Teamcenter
Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline