Posted 2 months ago
- Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire, Scotland
- £20,968.00 / Per Annum
- Expires In a month
Do you have a good eye for detail with a passion to develop within the supply chain industry?
Do you want to establish a successful career with a market leader in the import and export sector?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Here at Nagel Langdons, we have an exciting opportunity for a Stock Controller to join the team based at our Motherwell depot. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis working Monday – Friday Days (42.5 hours per week) and in return you’ll receive a competitive salary of £20,968.44 per annum.
Whether it’s fresh consignments or frozen goods we have it covered! Nagel Langdons can deliver to almost any location in the UK or Ireland within 24 hours. We have 9 depots and over 375 lorries carrying chilled and frozen food all over the country. We’re the only company providing a 24-hour service of this kind, and we’re very good at it.
Benefits you’ll receive as our Stock Controller:
- Free onsite parking
- Free tea/coffee/milk
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Long Service Bonus Payments
- Annual pay review
- Company sick pay
- Free inhouse job specific training and development
- Opportunity for career relevant apprenticeships
- Office/Warehouse to wheels scheme
- Free eye tests up to £25
- Relaxed working environment
The Stock Controller role:
Your role will be to ensure that incoming and outgoing deliveries are handled and stored correctly and that all relevant records are created and maintained accurately.
What you’ll be doing as our Stock Controller:
- You will be a key point of contact for despatch and receipt of customer goods, ensuring all products are quality checked, labelled and stored/picked correctly
- Ensure all paperwork is in place for the storage and distribution of goods and company systems are updated
- Respond to customer queries, record any discrepancies and ensure these are investigated and resolved
- Update records and brief colleagues on stock movement progress
- Conduct regular and ad hoc stock checks, escalating any issues to management so that appropriate action can be taken
- Advise and guide other colleagues to ensure all working procedures and processes are carried out
- Provide cover for the Customer Service, Transport and Warehouse Teams where required
What qualifications and experience are we looking for in our Stock Controller?
- Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent
- IT literate in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret relevant data
- Extensive knowledge and application of health and safety procedures
What skills and abilities are we looking for in our Stock Controller?
- Ability to use initiative and to be organised so that key tasks can be completed fully and on time
- Ability to work to set targets and deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Confident to challenge discrepancies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven arithmetic skills
- Effective working unsupervised and in a team-based environment