Global manufacturer of automotive components offers superb career progression potential for a numerate and articulate, ideally graduate Technical / Engineering Sales Account Manager - components to Automotive OEMs.
BASIC SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 - possible flexibility.
· Annual Company Bonus worth 5% - 8% salary
· Company Car - BMW 3 Series, Mazda 3 or Range Rover Evoque type.
· Contributory Pension Scheme - 5% from candidate, 10% from company
· Flexible benefits scheme - 6 to 10% of your salary towards your choice of extra benefits including buying extra holiday, healthcare / health check, Life Assurance etc, or top up pension scheme
· 28 days holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: West Midlands, Birmingham, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sales Account Manager - Technical / Engineering Components to Automotive OEMs
A classic technical / engineering Sales Account Manager role, liaising and developing business with Automotive OEMs and first tier suppliers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sales Account Manager - Technical / Engineering Components to Automotive OEMs
· Reporting into the Sales Manager working in a team of three, you will play an important role in the commercial and sales and account management activities for this key market worth tens of millions to my client.
· This Graduate Engineering and Technical Sales Account Manager role will include a lot of internal and external liaison, negotiation and relationship building with customers. The role will include account management responsibilities for ongoing legal, production, cost negotiation, commercial and supply chain issues and general queries for customers.
· Also for preproduction and trials when customers bring out new engines in response to environmental legislation for example, or when production moves to a different site.
· Dealing with a wide range of purchasing, production control and logistics personnel at customers and planning and supply chain internally.
· You will also be producing detailed sales plans and forecasts and presenting business cases / viability studies to gain internal backing for new projects often involving data crunching, a logical train of thought and excellent presentation skills.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Sales Account Manager - Technical / Engineering Components to Automotive OEMs
· To be considered for this potentially rewarding role financially and in terms of career progression you will ideally have some sales, projects or commercial experience dealing with customers externally and internally. Preferably, but not essentially, this will be in a related industrial, technical engineering or ideally automotive environment.
· You will have excellent communication and numerical and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail, able to present and negotiate.
· Graduate in Business and / or a technical / engineering discipline.
· Preferably with excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and with the ability to manage data using pivot tables.
My client is a multinational company operating in 33 countries worldwide with 120,000+ employees. They are a world leading manufacturer of a very wide range of electromechanical components and subsystems including powertrain, IT, HVAC, air con, sat nav, and rotating machines / electrics supplying just about every major automotive OEM.
They are a major corporation and household name globally.
Very good in a large structured commercial / sales team. Initially to grow the role and your salary, subsequently excellent prospects in a growing and successful UK operation. Many of the candidates I have placed there have had very good career progression, the Line Manager for this role being a good example.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Graduate Engineering and Technical Sales Account Manager, Automotive Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Graduate Sales Account Manager, Graduate Technical Sales Executive, Graduate Field Sales Engineer, Graduate Sales Engineer - Components to Automotive OEMs
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP#####, Wallace Hind Selection