I have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for several full-time residential support workers to join an established independent organisation to support care leavers aged between 16 - 25 , with the aim of transforming the lives of young people just outside Flint.
Supporting the young people within the residential setting to develop and become independent whilst watching them learn new skills, this is an incredibly REWARDING role for the right candidate who is PASSIONATE and enjoys working with children and young people, providing day-to-day support, guidance, and facilitating activities. You'll create a safe, caring, and supportive place to live for our young people.
- Salary: £22,360 - £28,955 (Sleeps paid at £50)
- Location: Flint
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: 2 on 4 off 8am - 11pm for the sleep in (repeat).
- Interviews: ASAP
Is a specialist, independent social care organisation that operates several residential and supported living units across the region.
- Medical Cashback plan
- Long service bonus
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Qualification Bonus when you complete your Level 3 (£500) or Level 5 (£750) qualifications, paid in instalments
- Fully funded NVQ Level 3 in Adults Health and Social Care
- Perk Box and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Responsibilities of the Support Worker Role:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience working as a Young Adults Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Adult Social Care is desirable
- Experience working within learning disability or mental health settings, with individuals who may demonstrate challenging and complex behaviours, or in a therapeutic young people's residential setting
- You MUST be a driver as you may be required to travel between sites during shift
- You must be over the age of 18
Can you deliver a safe and supportive environment for young people to develop? If this sounds like your dream role, I would love to hear from you!!
Click the 'APPLY' now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.