Pastoral Support Officer - Respect Room Coordinator
NJC Grade 4, SCP 9-17 (pro rata)
Senior Leadership Team
DBS Disclosure Level
- Experience of working with young people.
- Patience, resilience, tolerance and a genuine understanding of the difficulties that students may encounter with their school and home life
- A firm, calm and consistent approach when working with young people.
- The ability to be flexible while responding to the ever changing needs of students.
- A commitment to inclusion and equal opportunities.
- High standard of general education including good written and verbal communication.
- Computer literacy.
- Awareness of the safeguarding of young people
- A mature and sensitive manner and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- An ability to work confidentially, efficiently and on your own initiative is essential.
- To uphold the Mission Statement of the school in keeping with the Catholic ethos.
- To always work effectively in keeping with the stated aims of the Mission Statement.
- To promote Gospel values with pupils, staff, families and Governors.
- To act at all times in the best interests of pupils and staff, by carrying out the Professional Responsibilities outlined in STPCD.
- To be involved in whole school activities and events when necessary.
- To be active in the development of the Catholic ethos of the school and to be fully involved in the Catholic life of the school.
The respect room is an integral part of the behaviour system. It is the area of the school that students are removed to on a lesson by lesson basis, if they have escalated up the behaviour system.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Administer and supervise the internal removal of students in the respect room.
- Coordinate work from relevant subject areas.
- Create analysis documents regarding the room's use and present statistical information to SLT.
Please note that the postholder will be the main supervisor of the respect room. Therefore the ability to work independently is essential. Other staff who will support and be present throughout the day.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise students within the respect room. Providing challenge and motivation to ensure a calm and quiet working environment. Liaise with subject teachers when appropriate, creating and collating resources and gaining key information about units of work in order to prepare for supporting students in the respect room.
- To ensure that the respect room procedures are adhered to and the room is well maintained and neat.
- To log behavioural incidents on class charts as per the respect room standards and expectations. Assist with after school detentions.
- Contribute to the development of strategies to develop and progress the respect room.
- To work effectively as a member of the school team responding to the needs of students on the basis of the school's policies and agreed practices.
- Assist as part of the school on call support to teaching staff as required.
- Liaise with the Heads of Year and the senior leadership team regarding students to be placed in the respect room.
- Support the supervision of students in respect room at break and lunch time.
- To maintain accurate records of attendance in the respect room. To communicate with administrative staff those who have failed to meet the required behaviour standards within the respect room.
- To develop restorative practices in an attempt to modify and improve behaviour and improve relationships between students and staff.
- Complete exit interviews with students, complete the appropriate records and communicate with staff.
- Support student management strategies and policies of the school and undertake additional duties (when no student has been referred) eg. On call, in-class behaviour support, student mentoring.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind -
- Your income matters: we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice.
- Your development matters: we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars, and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters: we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts and permanent positions available local to you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running.
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant based in Liverpool. Or for more information about the role, contact Tce McCann on 0151 221 9666/ #####