Painting and Decorating Tutor
Job type – Full time, Permanent
Salary – £26,557- £30,624
Hours – 35 per week + 5 hours paid lunch
Location – HMP Swinfen (Lichfield)
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, strengthening communities and reducing crime. We house, we educate, we support, we advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults.
Nacro is the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country. We are an Ofsted ‘Good’ provider.
Nacro are collaborating with Novus to deliver an innovative Education service across the West Midlands. We aim to empower those in custody to take the opportunity to begin on a career path and to ensure they develop the relevant skills and technical experience to move towards an Apprenticeship and/or employment upon release
To support this goal we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to teach Painting and Decorating skills to adult offenders at HMP Swinfen. We are seeking a qualified Painter and Decorator, who is looking for a change and wishing to embark on a rewarding career path. If you have experience as a painter and decorator and are interested in giving something back to the community- then we would love to hear from you.
You will be passionate about learning, have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment and be able to work strictly to protocol and procedure. To be successful in the role you will need to be an inspirational and value led individual with and have a keen interest in achieving success for adult offenders. Nacro is committed to supporting career development and will support training within the realm of instructors/tutors/trainers.
We are seeking individuals with Painting and Decorating industry experience with a minimum of NVQ/Tech Cert at Level 2 , and experience of working within the Painting and Decorating industry,. A teaching qualification is an advantage, though for the right person we will put them through both the Award in Education and the assessors award.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* To be responsible for coordinating and delivering a vocational competency based curriculum in Painting and Decorating, up to Level 3 using awarding body standards; assessing learners work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support.
* Assess and verify learners’ work. Establish and maintain strong relationships with awarding bodies and ensure that regular quality improvement meetings are held.
* To pro-actively develop links with external agencies and organisations that can contribute to the delivery of the planned Painting and Decorating programme
* Teaching cohorts of students, marking and preparation of lessons, lesson plans, Schemes of learning, group profiles and individual learning plans. Assessing student portfolios, and working with Awarding Bodies.
We are seeking Tutors with:
* A background/experience within the industry; someone who would like to broaden their experience in working with a rewarding group within a unique environment.
* Proven experience of supporting others in developing technical /vocational skills
* Level 2 Painting and Decorating or evidence of grandfather rights within the painting and Decorating industry
* Desirable teaching certificate, TAQA and Level 4 IQA .
You will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment, be adept at defusing conflict, and working strictly to protocol and procedure. The successful individual needs to be motivated, inspirational, value led and have a keen interest in achieving success with adult offenders. A good sense of humour is a must!
DBS & Secure Training Centre Vetting required including 5 years reference history.
Please apply online