Mechanical Project Engineer
18 Month Contract
1st Step Solutions are supporting a leading M&E Contractor who looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team on a newly secured residential project in London.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, this role will be accountable for delivery of the mechanical elements of the project. You will be able to work under the guidance of a Project Manager and have responsibility for successful completion of tasks allocated to you on a project.
- Ensure areas of responsibility allocated to you by the Project Manager are delivered on time, within budget to agreed standards.
- Identify risks and ensure mitigation measures are put in place.
- Effectively manage sub-contractors as well as team performance on the project by ensuring everyone reporting to you has clear roles and responsibilities.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure the project budget and costs are managed effectively for all services.
- Design management - attendance at design team meetings.
- Commissioning and final handover, take responsibility for activities allocated to you to ensure this is done effectively.
- Previous experience having worked on residential projects.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Capability to accept responsibilities and accomplish project objectives in a timely manner.
- Good computer skills especially with Microsoft Office.
- Be aware of health and safety requirements and the continual assessment/control of risk.
- To be a motivated leader who can motivate and inspire others to produce work of the highest quality and use these benchmarks to help maintain clients and secure new clients.