My client is currently recruiting for a Junior NPD technologist to help support their on-site NPD Team due to continued business growth. They supply high volume soft drinks principally to the UK market.
They operate from a state-of-the-art production facility based in the North East.
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic business offering prospects to progress a career in a manufacturing environment.
Typical activities include but are not limited to:
* Making new product samples in the laboratory
* Requesting raw material specifications from suppliers and with guidance from the team.
* Gathering production data and putting it into the required format to send to customers.
* Working within the NPD function you will be required to provide support to the NPD team: creating maintaining and updating relevant production documentation including printing case and pallet labels on the production lines.
Training will be required to carry out the following:
* Writing product specifications and supporting in the collation of information to populate specifications.
* Checking artwork to ensure it is legal and compliant with customer requirements.
* To understand the soft drinks development process and how different ingredients work together.
* Coordinate product trials and first production runs.
* Setting quality attribute sheets including sensory/visual documents so that the production teams know how a product should look and taste.
* Raw material and supplier approval.
* Creating purchase orders in SAP.
* To understand food safety and HACCP requirements for our product.
* You will ideally be graduating this year with a Food Science or similar qualification and be looking for an opportunity to start your career within the food and beverage sector.
* Some experience working in a food or beverage manufacturing environment would be an advantage but full training will be given.
* You will be organised, a good team player with a genuine passion for the food and beverage industry