Job Paths 4 U are looking for a dedicated hard-working Senior Residential Childcare Worker for a residential children’s home based in Moseley Birmingham.
As a senior childcare worker, you will play a full and effective role as a member of the staff team, providing high-quality assessment and residential care for young people with EBD, in a residential home based in Moseley Birmingham.
My client is looking for a dedicated organised senior childcare worker who can lead a shift and take the initiative to work well independently as well as working well with other members of the staff team.
My client is currently opening new homes so there are excellent career progression opportunities, they also offer ongoing training and working in a supportive environment.
Senior Childcare Worker Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Plan manage and lead shifts
• Encourage, support and guide members of the staff team
• Attend Case Reviews, Planning Meetings and any other meetings as required
• Undertake specific administration tasks within the unit as directed by the Home Manager
• Actively participate in supervision, appraisal, training, meetings & consultancies
• Maintain records as required
• To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the young person is monitored and protected and has their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met
• Contribute to care planning and the implementation of these plans
Minimum Requirements for this role are:
• Level 3 Diploma working with children and young people’s workforce or equivalent Essential!
• At least 12 months experience of working with children and young people in a caring environment
• Experience working with Children with Emotional and Behavioural difficulties
• Excellent communication both written and verbal and the resilience to manage challenging behaviour
Benefits for this position include:
• Ongoing training
• Telephone counselling support
• Personal legal and financial information
• Health advice across a range of medical and wellbeing issues
• Access to an online portal for further advice and support
• Online shopping discounts
• 28 days paid annual leave with the opportunity to accumulate extra leave for the length of service
• One month notice for shifts
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Contact: Viorica at Job Paths 4 U