Maptalent are looking to speak with handyman / handy person in the East Lancashire area. My client is looking to expand their Facilities Management Service team and recruit a Handyman to join the team
The successful Handyman will work as part of the facilities management service team to ensure the company provide a safe working enviornment. You will provide general housekeeping, building maintenance, repair and upkeep of the building.
You will work closely with external contractors to build, manage and enhance relationships, delivering the best possible outcomes for internal and external customers.
The successful Handyman will have:
* City & Guilds, NVQ or equivalent qualifications
* Hold a clean driving licence
* Confidence in working with contractors and suppliers.
* Ability to assess and evaluate the quality of workmanship.
* A track record of being able prioritise, multi-task and take ownership for work
* Experience of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook and Excel.
* Engage professionally with all staff and customers and build trusting relationships – patience and understanding will be key.
* Proficient in painting, decorating, carrying out general repairs and cleaning to a high standard.
* Familiar in maintaining accurate records and filing systems.
* Experience of working in a challenging environment, whilst producing quality results and ensuring deadlines are met.
* Experience working as part of a team but also using own initiative and with the minimum of supervision, with an excellent level of attention to detail.
This is a full time permanent position, standard hours are Monday - Friday, 36.25 hours per week.The successful handyman will need to be flexible to meet the needs of the business and this will include out of office hours.
Benefits include - 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, christmas closure. wellbeing programme, learning and development opportunities