This role will suit a candidate who has literally been there/done that and is looking for a slightly less pressured role, where they can share their vast H&S experience in the Chemicals Industry, and a passion for Health and Safety in general.
Reporting directly to the Group Operations Director, the Group HSSE Manager will be responsible for leading positive, safe working culture through effective management of systems, procedures, activities and the group workforce. The Group HSSE Manager will play a major role in ensuring the Group is not exposed to the risk of HSSE incident, complaint or prosecution and continue to maintain accreditations to the ISO standards.
The Group HSSE Manager will be required to travel within the region and overseas when required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Providing health and safety experience to all areas
* Playing a lead role in developing, influencing and promoting a positive HSSE culture
* Driving forward corporate and local safety requirements and best practice methods, developing and delivering training as necessary
* Assisting in the preparation of HSSE strategies
* Managing the investigation into incidents/accidents
* Keeping up to date with current legislation
* Mentoring and training H&S team members
Key skills and experience required:
* NEBOSH qualified
* Strong experience within H&S Advisory/Management roles
* Experience in chemical or related industry - a working knowledge and application of COSHH and DSEAR
* Enthusiastic with a passion to drive a positive H&S culture
* Proven interpersonal skillset to engage, inspire, motivate, lead, support and mentor
* REACH technical experience
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Sound judgement with the ability to analyse situations
* Experience working within a COMAH site would be useful (this site is currently just below the ‘low’ level COMAH
* Flexible and willing to go the extra mile
Candidates must have a full driving licence (ideally clean) as there is regular travel between sites.
Hours of work: 35 hours, Monday – Friday
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
Life assurance/critical illness, PHI insurance