Location: Central London
Salary:£15.66 - £19.84 per hour
Job type: 1 Month contract
Hours: Full time
Our client, one of the UK’s leading educational institutions are looking for a research grants officer to join the department institute of Child Health (a medical research department). You will be expected to work under the Research Grants Manager, dealing with the financial administration duties for over 600 research projects. (Roughly 31 Million per annum)
Duties & responsibilities:
The post holder will work as part of the team that work closely with academic, research and administrative staff within the department, providing high quality support and advice in relation to the preparation of costings and applications to external funding bodies.
The post holder will also ensure that the final submission of research costings are in line with the universities & ICH’s agreed policies and procedures and funding body terms and conditions, and be responsible for coordinating the set-up of grant awards if applications are successful.
Duties and responsibilities
* Liaising with Research Facilitators and Principal Investigators to calculate the full economic costs associated with research projects
* Preparing salary costings for grant applications and costing existing grants using project costing software Worktribe.
* Assisting researchers to ensure that all eligible costs, both direct and indirect, have been included in the appropriate headings in line with the current universities costing guidelines and external funding body terms and conditions. Where UCL ICH is the lead partner, ensuring that costs for the universities and ICH collaborators/co-investigators are obtained in liaison with researchers, department administrators and/or Research Support Offices at collaborating Institutions.
* Detailed checking and endorsement of project costings on grant applications before submission to the funder. Ensuring Worktribe bids move through the approval process promptly, alerting relevant approvers to action in a timely fashion if required. Providing adequate detail in Worktribe comments to enable approval.
* Supporting the set-up of grant awards. This will involve preparing budgets, checking that R&D Approval as well as Risk Assessments have been completed and that any necessary subcontracts required have been flagged to the relevant Assistant Grants Manager to take forward. Liaising with researchers, the GOSH R&D office research governance team, and other ICH administrators as required to obtain management approval of new awards
* Where required, arranging for grant acceptance letters to be signed off by the ICH Finance Manager, electronically stored in Worktribe and returned to funders within required time limits.
* Assisting with some post award management of grants, including the costing of salaries and providing information to Principal Investigators regarding remaining grant balances.
* Liaising with colleagues in ICH departments and Finance Costing staff (Great Ormond Street Hospital departments) to obtain service costs
Such other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as may be assigned by the Finance Manager. This may involve assisting in other financial areas within the Finance Team, where additional resource may be required.
* Educated to A Level (Minimum of 2 at grade C or above), or equivalent.
* Good knowledge of Excel, including the ability to understand and use numerical formulas.
* Knowledge of financial processes and regulations associated with general financial administration.
* Understanding of research grant application processes
* Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of software to intermediate level in Word, Excel, Email, Outlook and the internet.
* A commitment to customer focus and the need to provide an efficient, professional and effective service to the many users and contacts both internally at all levels of the organisation and externally.
* Proven consistent ability to meet tight individual and group deadlines and to manage own workload through effective prioritising, time management and organisational skills. Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining close attention to detail and accuracy.
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Noble Recruiting are an independent, family-run recruitment agency based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as a recruiting agency and business for over 10 years.
Noble Recruiting Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
* Administration Duties
* Finance Manager
* Finance Team
* Risk Assessments