Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are exclusively working with a major wholesaler based in Barnsley in the search for a Freight/Logistics Controller. My client is a leading wholesale supplier in the UK and Europe and deals with suppliers on a global basis.
My client is looking for a highly pro-active individual with a keen eye for detail to minimise all import and export down time and increase the efficiency in which deliveries can take place. You will be required to pro-actively review import and export documentation and ensure all the correct documents are in place for any audits. The role will require strong communication skills and proficiency when using IT, especially Microsoft Excel.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring the integrity of import and export documentation such as Bills of Landing, Commercial Invoices & Packing Lists
* Being a point of contact for all imports and exports, including any C88 queries
* Maintenance of systems and data within the company's IT system
* Facilitating any audits and working towards the company's KPI's
* Verifying freight invoices and documenting all shipments in line with the company requirements
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain would be keen to speak with candidates who have the following skills and experiences:
* Experience working within a relevant freight/logistics setting
* Strong computer proficiency especially in Microsoft Excel
* Pro-active with a keen eye for detail
* Be able to work to tight deadlines and be able to appropriately organise workload
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on engineering, operational and technical positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you