A leading banking institution wish to recruit within the fraud investigations team, the successful candidate will be responsible for using specialist fraud detection systems and investigation techniques to identify and prevent both internal and external fraud on all products (personal and corporate accounts).
* To expertly monitor, process and manage fraud alerts for all products via industry fraud systems. When fraud is detected, ensure that the account/application is immediately "blocked" or declined preventing further fraudulent activity and minimising losses to the bank.
* To utilise expert investigation techniques to complete a detailed examination of all suspect cases ensuring appropriate actions are taken i.e. confirmed fraudulent transactions are processed correctly, fraud case files created, loadings are made to CIFAS, 1st party collusion is detected (merchant and individual), suspected transactions (POCA and AML) are reported to the Compliance Team.
* To pro-actively handle sensitive and complex non-standard queries/ situations; including dealing with 3rd parties (i.e. Law Enforcement Agencies, other financial institutions, merchants, victims of crime) to ensure the correct and satisfactory outcome is achieved whilst managing reputation and financial impacts.
* To pro-actively monitor and identify suspicious trends and patterns, suggesting preventative actions and improvements to current procedures, policies and systems.
* To seek to develop and maintain a wide network of industry contacts (CIFAS, UK Finance, Financial Fraud Bureau, Financial Institutions, VISA Scheme, merchants, acquirers and issuers) to facilitate successful outcomes for investigations and recovery of monies.
Technical knowledge of fraud, risk and assurance model which operates within regulation and legislation
Knowledge of Fraud activity which operates within regulation and legislation
A good working knowledge of banking industry developments including legislative change and industry developments