Fire & Security Engineer - Northwest - 32-36k per annum
This is an exciting role for a Field based Fire & Security Engineer, working for a well-established, highly reputable Fire and Security Company trading primarily in and around the Northwest area.
Having grown significantly over recent years this company is now seeking an enthusiastic individual, that has an in-depth knowledge of the fire & security industry and associated systems, coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in any of installing, servicing and maintaining such systems.
The right candidate will ideally have a real eye for detail, be professional, well presented and have great organizational skills, as well as the ability to communicate on all levels.
A daily part of the role will involve servicing Fire & Security systems and the use of the company's own CRM system to record all findings and details, it is therefore essential that you are used to keeping up to date records, as accuracy and time management skills are a must. You will be expected to report back to your line manager on a regular basis, whilst also being able to demonstrate and provide any evidence or feedback in a constructive manner.
So, if you think you have what it takes then please read on for a more in-depth description of what will be expected of you:
You will be required to:
1) Always present a professional image as to your personal appearance, the cleanliness of your vehicle, the timely manner in which you respond to any reasonable request (including the return of any documentation in its completed form) and a can-do attitude.
2) Give regular feedback to all internal and external customers by whichever method appropriate, in such a way that there is always an audit trail to provide evidence if required.
3) Always be aware of ever-changing requirements, whether derived from ISO standards and or BAFE and NSI approvals so that when auditing, installing systems/works, you can ensure that both specification and legislative requirements are met.
4) Look at current stock levels and ensure that through liaising with other departments, that any sundry parts are always available, i.e. (batteries, conduit, screws and straps ect) and that you are furnished with, and in possession of, all means and materials required to complete any and all works before leaving the company's stores and/or before arriving at, any site.
5) Become part of the on-call team, on a Rota basis, and will therefore ideally have a good general knowledge of fire & security systems.
The package will include a company van, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an enhanced pension scheme along with on-call bonuses and overtime.
If this appeals to you, and you are looking to be considered for this exciting position within a progressive, growing and supportive company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00-£36,000.00 per year