Near Telford - Hybrid working
£19,000 - £24,000 per annum + 28 days holiday + Bank holidays, Pension and other benefits
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4:30am
Prince Personnel are working with a prestigious charity to recruit for a Finance Assistant on a permanent basis. The role will initially be based from Stourbridge but they are moving to a new Headquarters near to Albrighton in the next 9 months.
* Process and input purchase order requests and invoices received in a timely manner and ensure that all expenditure is authorized
* Manage the integrity of the supplier records and ensure that any changes are recorded and approved
* Reconcile statements received and follow up on outstanding credit notes or queries
* Maintain a record of suppliers that are paid by direct debit or standing order and ensure that duplicate payments are not made
* Process twice monthly payment runs to ensure all invoices are paid in accordance with agreed payment terms and that appropriate authorization has been obtained
* Manage credit card statements and transactions liaising with card holders monthly to obtain receipts and reconcile statements
* Reconcile the purchase ledger control account at each month end providing accurate and appropriate data for management accounts
* Process and make payments to volunteers, supporters and trustees as required
* Process cheque payments as required but seek to manage these such that payments are transferred to BACS wherever possible
* Keep petty cash records and ensure approved levels of cash are maintained and reconciled
* Enter on the finance system bank transactions arising from cash collections, shop banking and through our donor database
* Download and reconcile bank statements
* Reconcile the intercompany account
* Assist when required with cash office functions
* Raise sales ledger invoices in a timely manner and follow up on outstanding amounts within agreed timescales
* Keep the individual requesting the sales invoice informed if payment is not forthcoming and work with them to ensure payments are received
* Manage the integrity of the debtor records and ensure that any changes needed are updated and approved
* Reconcile the control account at each month end so as to provide accurate and appropriate data for the management accounts
* Maintain the integrity of VAT records to enable accurate completion of quarterly VAT returns
* Assist the Finance Manager with Gift Aid claims when required
* Identify fixed asset purchases and ensure the expenditure is coded appropriately
* Maintain the financial records of stock bought and sold
* Assist with the monthly input of values for cost of stock sold and its appropriateness to the levels of income recorded for the month. Investigate any discrepancies
* Assist with scheduled stock takes across the trading company sites and reconciliation to centralized stock records held
Skills and Experience
Candidates must have a minimum AAT Level 2 qualification or working towards. You will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic candidate with good interpersonal skills.
This role is commutable from Telford, Cosford, Albrighton, Shifnal, Bridgnorth, Kingswinford, Stourbridge.
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.