We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Manager to join the North Wales Fire Service, where you will be responsible for managing and improving the environmental performance and promoting sustainable developments across the service.
In the Environmental Manager role, you will be:
* Leading the delivery of the Service’s Environment and Sustainability Strategy, coordinating work and consulting with colleagues and teams across the Service
* Keeping control and coordinating of all aspects of environmental management and performance, developing, and implementing an environmental management system and associated procedures and promoting environmental awareness, targeting improvement and adoption of good practice throughout the organisation
* Assisting and supporting heads of department, across the Service, to develop and deliver the Authority’s Environment and Sustainability strategy and ensure compliance with environmental legislation
* Analysing existing climate change and environmental legislation, regulations, policies, and practices to make recommendations to internal governance meetings
* Designing and improving public engagement in relation to NWFRS’ delivery of its programme of works to improve sustainability
* Collaborating with the Facilities team to support the development on NWFRS’ estate in relation to the Service’s environmental and climate change priorities
* The environmental workforce champion and promote environmental responsibility across the organisation.
* Developed a workforce champion scheme across NWFRS to support the wider organisational programme to the environmental commitments
* Overseeing the Service’s environment and climate change action plans by leading projects on behalf of North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority
To be considered for the Environmental Manager role you must have:
* Relevant professional management qualification, degree, HND or NVQ4 or equivalent experience in relation to sustainability, building, energy management, natural resource / environmental management
* Knowledge of current legislation and national/international policies on energy, environment, carbon reduction, climate change and/or sustainability policy issue
* Previous experience of developing and implementing strategy including experience of securing funding for projects
* Experience of managing strategies to address the impact of climate change
* Ability to effectively use MS Office suite
* Willing to travel off-site whilst undertaking duties locally, regionally, and nationally, including overnight stays where applicable
* The ability to comprehend, analyse and evaluate complex information and make decisions based on sound analysis
* Advanced oral and written communication, influencing and negotiation skills together with the ability to gain cooperation and assistance from staff and others
* Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan, and organise own work to ensure organisational performance objectives are met
* Hold a valid UK driving licence
* Level 2 Welsh - If not already demonstrated, to be achieved within 12 months of appointment
This is a full-time, permanent role working 37 hours per week on a salary of £44,624 - £47,665 per annum plus company benefits. The role is normally located at headquarters near St. Asaph; however, agile working is available from a combination of home and alternative service locations, some flexibility will be required for evening and weekend work
Please note that this post is subject to a DBS Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To progress to the next stage of the recruitment process, please apply here and we will send you further information including additional job details and an application form that will need to be completed before the closing date below.
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon, 18th July #####
Interview Dates: W/C 3rd – 4th August #####
Please note, application forms will need to be completed to be considered for this role.
Supertemps Limited/S2 Recruitment is acting on behalf of our client as an employment agency