Geolocation permission has been blocked as you
have dismissed the permission prompt several times.
This can be reset in Page Info which can be accessed by clicking the lock icon next to the URL address bar.
Your search criteria have been saved to ‘My Searches’
Job [8221649 ]
BUYER – HAVANT
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We have an immediate requirement to appoint a Buyer to join our team at Trant BTU in Havant. This office manages the Southern Water Framework and the Buyer will be responsible for the procurement of materials for a variety of sites in Hampshire, West & East Sussex & Kent. Working on Sewage Treatment Works, work comprises of multiple small refurbishment schemes, involving Mechanical, Electrical & Civil Engineering works.
Reporting into the Senior Buyer, duties will include but not be limited to;
• Pre-construction involvement in design meetings regarding materials
• Obtaining prices for all supplies and negotiating favourable terms
• Identifying and assessing potential suppliers and products
• Preparing and issuing contracts
• Raising orders for supplies
• Preparing and maintaining cost reports
• Negotiating favourable terms and delivery times with suppliers.
• Taking part in value engineering and cost-saving initiatives.
Applicants may have a background of working in a Buying role within the construction or engineering sector or perhaps will have a site background and want to move into a Procurement role.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
* Strong negotiator
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Able to prioritise effectively
* Excellent IT skills (MS Office and SharePoint)
* Flexible and proactive
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please send your CV or call our Internal Recruitment Team on (phone number removed)
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
See more Engineering Jobs
Havant, Hampshire, South East England