Cyber Security Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a Cyber Security Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with working on deployed networks such as Tactical, Command, Control, Computers and Communications (C4) systems. Working with a range of internal and customer stakeholders to help them understand security risks throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Working closely with security stakeholders from both the business and the customer communities throughout the whole project lifecycle and at all classifications, in particular with the SAC and Accreditor to achieve and maintain system accreditation
- Providing cyber security advice and guidance to systems and software engineers, including at a detailed technical level. You should be able to provide detailed guidance on, for example, operating system lockdowns and data-in-transit protection
- Providing cyber security advice and guidance to managers and solution architects to identify and propose architectures, develop secure designs and identify and implement security controls which provide proportionate risk reduction
- Performing security risk assessments to help projects understand the cyber security and cyber resilience risk context
- Producing security policies and operating procedures
Key skills & qualifications
- Systems or software engineering background, able to interact at a technical level with systems and software engineers
- Demonstrable experience of identifying cyber security risks and the commensurate controls
- Ability to articulate security advice directly to key stakeholders within both the business and the customer community
- Subject matter expertise in one or many security processes or technologies - such as security risk assessment, public key infrastructure, network security
- Experience of cyber security engineering delivery and accreditation (ideally in Defence)
- Excellent written communication skills, particular technical documentation and policy documents
- Degree qualified in Information/Cyber Security, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or Science equivalent qualifications/ experience
- Understanding of cryptography
- Hardware security including TEMPEST
- Experience of the Android operating system
- Knowledge and experience in HMG IAS1&2, NCSC guidance, JSP440/JSP604, NIST, ISO ##### and industry-standard security frameworks
- CCP, CISSP, CISM, GCHQ Certified Degree, ex-CLAS
What we're looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
flexible working arrangements will also be considered for this role
Rate: £56.86 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.