Corporate Finance and Advisory Executive – Accountancy Practice – Hertfordshire
About the Company:
Our client takes a refreshingly modern approach to accountancy. They work closely and proactively with clients to help them remain compliant, manage their finances and achieve their ambitions. Their team pride themselves on being approachable and offering ‘down to earth’ advice.
Working from a contemporary office in the heart of St Albans, Hertfordshire, you will be welcomed into their ever-growing team. Regardless of your role you can expect to be fully supported in developing your career. They operate a hybrid working pattern with the opportunity to combine office and client working with some home working.
About the Opportunity:
Working closely with the Corporate Finance and Advisory partners to help drive the corporate finance activity and business advisory projects within the organisation.
About the Responsibilities:
Joining as Corporate Finance and Advisory Executive you will be involved in all aspects of the M&A process and advisory work with a range of owner-managed business clients.
This role involves varied work across a diverse portfolio of clients and support with business growth.
This opportunity will suit someone who has a real desire move into the advisory side of the profession and engage in a broad level of corporate transactions and assignments.
* Assist with executing M&A transactions and other advisory roles (such as corporate restructures including demergers, share schemes, growth strategies).
* Assist with the project management of transactions and projects
* Work collaboratively with other departments to provide a comprehensive “joined-up” service. Notably working closely with the tax team to ensure due consideration of taxation matters in deal structuring.
* Oversee the progression of transaction documentation including sales and purchase agreements and other legal documents
* Liaising with business stakeholders across all levels to achieve transactional goals
* Building relationship with banks and other stakeholders on financing requirements
* Involved in transaction due diligence
* Build and nurture relationships, assist with scoping leads and representing the firm within networking environments
* Possibility to get involved in other advisory assignments (commercial and strategic) to help entrepreneurial clients.
About the Applicant:
As the successful applicant, you will be:
* ACA newly qualified (ideally also CTA)
* Desire to grow and learn new skills
* Strong analytical skills as well as a good business acumen
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders.
* Problem solver with a creative mind and happy to move outside of their comfort zone
* Result oriented, organised, can prioritise effectively and multi-task to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment
* Adept at using Microsoft Excel for financial modelling and data analytics
About the Benefits:
* Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
* Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
* Income Protection Insurance
* Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
* Professional subscription fees paid
* Benefits platform offering discounts, wellness platform, additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme
* Generous recruitment referral scheme
* Social committee organising numerous subsidised events
* On-site parking
* Hybrid working for most roles
* Casual dress
* Kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and breakfast items plus hot and cold drinks
* Flu vaccination