About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Permanent Contracts Manager to join our growing Asset Management department at our Hamilton or Stonehouse Office.
As a Contracts Manager you will provide contract procurement and commercial management services to all teams and functions across the Last Mile Asset Management (LMAM) business. A key objective of this role will be to enhance and ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business and actively seek to improve the efficiency of all contract management activities across the business. The individual will provide a positive and strong contribution towards successful financial outcomes and quality service.
Have you got the drive to go the Last Mile?
* Lead on and develop procurement strategies for all LMAM contracts managing the procurement process, negotiation of contract terms and conditions and price, through to contract award whilst ensuring compliance with all procurement legislation and best practice.
* Work with and support managers and teams across the business to develop and implement effective contract management and cost control across all LMAM contracts.
* Serve as a subject matter expert in procurement and contracting and develops standards for legally binding agreements, contracts, policies, procedures, templates, tools, and systems
* Provide advice and support for all procurement activity.
* Develop and implement robust and effective policies, processes, procedures, and systems to support the operational effectiveness of LMAM in relation to procurement and contracting
* Produce and maintain internal guidance documents and training on procurement and contract management.
* Work with LMAM’s legal team to develop updates to contract and purchasing documentation and to agree the implementation of such developments and improvements.
* Provide the procurement governance for LMAM ensuring that the organisation works within the legal, regulatory and policy constraints.
* Proactively manage LMAM’s relationship with suppliers through formal and informal processes and communications.
Experience / Knowledge:
* Minimum of five (5) years progressive, demonstrated professional contract/procurement experience including, but not limited to, sourcing, contract negotiation, monitoring and reporting contract performance.
* Strong negotiation and analytical skills with business acumen to make sound management decisions/recommendations.
* Ability to effectively communicate complex information to others both verbally and in writing and ability to satisfactorily resolve issues with customers.
* In-depth working knowledge of drafting contracts/reports and the subsequent activities of contract management and change control processes.
* You will have experience working in periods of change and working in a fast-moving environment, providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
* Creative with ability to drive productivity initiatives and effectively utilise resources.
* Strong IT skills, this should include MS Excel and finance packages.
* The ability to understand and align business critical objectives to team objectives.
* Excellent problem solver, numerate, inquisitive, and comfortable with the use of ambiguous data.
* Proactive self-starter with the ability to time manage and work on own initiative.
Essential: Degree Qualified Quantity Surveyor
Desirable: Professional qualification such as MRICS
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
* 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
* Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
* Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
* Life Assurance (x4 Annual Gross Salary)
* Refer a Friend Incentive
* Hybrid Working depending on Business needs
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* Discretionary Bonus up to %15 of Gross Annual Salary
* Private Medical Insurance
* Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure Group, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
It is our vision to be the UK’s leading independent multi-utility provider. People are our most valuable “asset” and therefore it is our mission to not only attract but retain the best talent to support delivery of our corporate business strategy and share our company’s success.
At Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you