Our client is one of the region’s premier construction businesses, whose interests span Bespoke Construction, Restoration, Haulage, Civils, Concrete and other interests. Their Concrete Division specialises in the supply and delivery of both ready- mix concrete and volumetric concrete across North Yorkshire and the North East. They use the latest technology and mixing methods to produce a high quality, fresh concrete product and have an enviable reputation for service.
We are looking for a Concrete Manager to support their growing volumetric business. There is significant training and development along with this role with the hope that the individual can lead the business in due course.
DAY TO DAY:
* Ensuring our customers receive the highest standards of customer support in choosing the correct products and service.
* Quality control.
* The efficient planning and shipping of a varied fleet of vehicles.
* Communicating with drivers, customers and sub-contractors.
* Dealing with and processing customer enquiries within transport management software.
* Seeking new business.
* Provide quotations for customers.
* Assist drivers with job information and trouble shoot problems.
* Ordering materials.
* Experience working within the Built Environment
* Ideally experience in the planning and shipping of concrete or associated products
* Ideally knowledge or experience of batching concrete.
* Ideally knowledge of testing concrete and quality control.
* Strong written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Office based IT including Outlook, Word & Excel.
* Adaptable and resilient in a pressurised environment.
* To be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ambitious, organised and driven.
* The ability to build relationships with customers.
If you feel you have the ability to thrive in this role, we would like to hear from you. Please click on the apply button below and forward your CV. We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application