Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of Component Engineer with a highly competitive salary and desirable staff benefits.
We are an Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. We design and build essential components for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications.
Our power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
Main Objectives: Managing the electronic components in use and those under consideration for introduction in new designs.
* Minimising the number of components currently in use.
* Merging the component part numbering systems and component selection processes on the UK site with those used by the US site.
* Assisting Purchasing with the sourcing of problem components.
* Assuring the quality and reliability of electronic components in use particularly when under exceptional circumstances they are sourced from the “grey” market.
* Managing and minimising component obsolescence.
* Securing sources of alternative components and organise/perform testing and evaluation in new and existing designs.
* Ensuring all components on the database have datasheets, technical information, and adequate information to allow procurement.
* Working with the design teams to ensure components selected are cost effective, have minimal lead times, and meet appropriate regulatory standards which are to be maintained on the company database to comply with any customer and internal audits.
* Working with Quality on understanding component failures and deal with the suppliers/manufacturers of these components to establish the root cause of the failure and corrective/preventive action.
* Keep informed and support IS##### Quality and IS(phone number removed) Environmental requirements and improvement activities. Commit to achieving the Company business, Quality and Environmental objectives and policies.
* Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO ##### Quality, ISO##### Environmental and Health and Safety management systems.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Background in electronic design and ideally some experience in purchasing.
• Professional or academic qualification in the field of electronic engineering.
• Demonstrable experience within the component engineering field.
• An understanding of the technical aspects of component engineering.
• Familiarity with electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical components.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues and suppliers.
• Confident, motivated, and well organised.
• Enjoy handling detail and ensuring information supplied is correct and accurate.
• Good IT skills particularly with respect to database usage.
• Familiarity with MS Office.
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss salary and in more detail