I have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for full-time support workers to join an established service to support young people with, cerebral palsy and complex needs aged between 19 - 35 in the Thornbury area.
Supporting the young people within the residential setting to develop and become independent whilst watching them learn new skills, this is an incredibly REWARDING role for the right candidate who is PASSIONATE and enjoys working hands-on. Getting paid to go to the Zoo or Swimming is a perk of the job!!
- Salary: £23,920 - £ 27,820 (Inclusive of one sleep a week)
- Location: Yate
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: Flexible
- Interviews: ASAP
Founded over 20 years ago, our client has since grown its services within South Gloucestershire, the service has over 50 team members and is looking to expand its operation,
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Fully funded NVQ Level 3 in Adults Health and Social Care
- Free Gym membership
- Costco Cards
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Responsibilities of the Support Worker Role:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Provide personal care when required.
- Provide support for people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the service users.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviours safely and sympathetically.
- Experience working as an adult support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Adult Social Care (desirable)
- A passion for supporting people living their lives
- You MUST be a driver as you may be required to travel between sites during shift
- You must be over the age of 18
Can you deliver an integrated approach to care and make a difference to the people with complex needs, If this sounds like your dream role, I would love to hear from you!!
Click the 'APPLY' now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch!!