Cosworth is a global technology business that delivers propulsion and intelligent solutions for customers in the automotive, aerospace, motorsport and marine sectors.
As a business we are constantly seeking innovative ways to lead technology development while striving to deliver the reliability that our customers expect.
To aid the future growth of the business we are looking for a CNC Setter Operator to add to our Components team, based in Northampton.
The role would be responsible for all aspects of setting and operating machine in a safe manner with regard to themselves and others, complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
If this role is for you, please apply via the form below.
* To produce components to the company standard in the most efficient / cost effective manner.
* To be familiar with all systems and procedures of their job.
* Ensure that information is transferred between shifts and team members as required.
* If problems occur ensure the relevant people are kept informed e.g. Team Leader, Shift Leader, Production Engineer, Scheduler & Maintenance.
* Be committed to continuous improvement and suggest improvements regarding methods, processes and tooling.
* To highlight problems as soon as they occur to the Team Leader / Shift leader.
* Keep working area clean and tidy.
* Work within departmental / company procedures.
* Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
* Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act #####, following policy and best practice.
* Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER:
* Ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information.
* Knowledge of Fanuc based machines such as Hitachi Seiki and Matsuura
* Ability to problem solve and see errors in NC code
* Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of:
* Work-holding methods.
* Tool selection criteria.
* Cutting tool parameters.
* Manual machining techniques.
* Shop floor computer systems.
* Quality principles.
* Inspection techniques.
* Knowledge of Machine tooling, Backends & Sharps
* Knowledge of tool measuring equipment such as Zoller
* Basic numerical and computer skills.
* Change oriented and keen to promote forward thinking,
* Effective communicator both verbal and written.
* Committed and enthusiastic.
* Automotive engineering experience/background.
* Kaisan, 5s, 6 Sigma and SMED